The Middle School Class uses a Lectionary based curriculum from the Episcopal Church called “Lesson Plans That Work”. The lessons utilize skits and discussion to draw forth the context of the Bible into meaningful messages for the students. We also refer to and learn about the Bible in this class. During their time spent in Middle School, students will be discovering the Bible’s beauty as well as exploring its history. They will come to be oriented with the books of the Bible and the location of key elements to our Christian faith such as the Ten Commandments, The Lords’ Prayer, The Gospels, and the 23 Psalm.
As young teens, students are exploring who they are as individuals. We seek to ignite the light of self-discovery within each young person, and with crafts and discussions that we have pulled from resources such as Living the Good News.com, Biblwise.com and Sermon4Kids.com to inspire the light within each young person. We want them to realize their special gifts and share them.
During our Church School year we have outreach activities that embrace the young people’s interest to take action in the world. We have had great success in many outreach activities including:
- Sponsoring clothing drives for Cradles to Crayons, a Boston based organization that provides children from birth to age 12 living in low-income and homeless situations with the essential items they need to thrive.
- Volunteering at C2C, helping to sort out donated items for delivery
- Making and delivering desserts for the Community dinner in Stoneham
- Collecting and delivering nonperishable items to two local food panties
- Creating cards for our sick and home bound parishioners
Our teens are active as volunteers in the community making the term ‘Faith in Action’ words that they live by.